Thursday, August 24, 2006

Keepin' It Weird!



Today during lunch I went down to RunTex on Riverside to pick up my race packet for the Keep Austin Weird 5K that is this Saturday night. I'll be wearing my blue wig again this year, but not sure what else just yet. Who else is doing this fun run anyway? I know of a few people, but there hasn't been a lot of talk on the hash list.

I'm a little bummed about the new course though. Just found out about it last night. I don't think we pass any bars at all this year. What's up with that? I say this because I missed out on the hasher stops last year due to a friend, who will remain nameless, who wanted to actually run the damn thing like a normal 5K! I had only been hashing 6 days this time last year, so I stuck with my friends instead of trying to find the other hashers.

Anyway, hope it's just as fun this year. And regarding the meeting place....Hooter's? Really? Even when Aussie's and Zax are right across the street?? Last year my friends met at Aussie's because Zax wasn't open just yet. Maybe my crew will do that again this year. We'll see how many we can get to jump ship. :)

Some pics from last year are here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heavin' said...

Hey Jen! I didn't know you knew Jen Fox! I ran into her countless times at the KAW last year.

We met at Hooters because Zax was closed. Once it opened we moved over there and started from there once we were done w/ our beer.

Last years course was the best one so far.

August 24, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I ran this year's Pikes Peak Marathon faster than I ran last years KAW 5K.

August 25, 2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I don't know her! I chatted with them a bit while waiting in line at Freddie's so I could get my free BBQ and beer. I wanted a shot with my new wig buddies. :)

We figured everyone would just go next door to Aussie's, but nope.

August 25, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Brownie--I'm pretty sure that's commendable!

@ss, it looks like you truly should have a great time! Even without the beer stops!

August 25, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I have had a crush on Jen Fox for like 2 years and I think I may have spoken to her like once. Last years KAW, hrrrmm the walk from Freddies was too far without a drink, so I introduced Head Banger to Sparks

August 26, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

which chick is jen fox?

August 27, 2006 4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker