Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Scout, scout, scout

I woke up early last Saturday, Aug 12 so I could go scout out my trail. I knew the area I wanted to use and had one beer check and the end planned out, but I needed the beginning and middle to come together. After stopping by my favorite kolache place for my Ham & Swiss kolache, I headed over, parked and wandered around in one wooded area and stumbled upon what looked like bike trails. Discovered that it didn’t link up to where I needed to go, so I had to backtrack. Cool area though. It was then time to see if another area would link up where I needed it to…and it did! Whoo-hoo, my trail was coming together nicely. And thank goodness, because I was beat. It was soooooo hot out that day and I’m still not used to hilly areas. I wandered around for almost 3 hours…but it seemed a lot longer. I took a wrong turn at one point, which would have led me back to my car. This allowed me to find another portion to use for trail, instead of a path I had planned. So things work out in the end, right?

Well, by now my legs were dead, I had no energy and I was almost out of water in my Camelbak. I was close to my dad’s house, so I thought I’d walk over and rest a minute there and then walk back to my car….which wasn’t exactly close at this point. I barely made it halfway up the hill to his house. Decided to stop and sit down a minute…this also let me catch my breath! At this point, I called my mom [who lives 5 minutes from where I was] to see what she was up to and if she could take me back to my car because the only way to get back to it was to hit hills again. I don’t want to hear it Brownie! Yes, my mom picked me up and took me to my car. I finally remembered I had packed a mini Cliff bar and I devoured it. I then noticed a TCBY, calling my name. I hadn’t had that since high school. We made a beeline for it and I had the absolute best white chocolate mousse frozen yogurt in my entire life! Ok, so maybe it tasted so good because I was extremely hot and famished. Think I might stop in again while waiting for hashers at the start this Sunday. :)

Anyway, if you aren't going to the Pike's Peak Ascent or the Crab Hash this weekend, then come on out to the One Year Analversary Trail for @ss Gagger & Bitch, James Bitch! STRAP-ON ELVIS brought out 5 virgins a year ago on August 21, and we are the only ones still hashing. Maybe even STAYFREE WITH WINGS will put in an appearance since his insane trail was our very first. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

That was nice that mommy came to get you and then took you to eat some TCBY. Moms are good for that sort of thing.

August 15, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

i need ycby now

August 15, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

I wonder if my kids will call me when they are out scouting trail? Of course I have a while before they turn 21, but I wonder. I guess when they move out I will have to live by some shiggy or bars.

August 16, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yes, my parents rock! They might all be making an appearance sometime during my trail this Sunday.....

August 16, 2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker