Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mi Familia


Michael, Monique & Mia at my Dad's house

Don't bother reading any further if you don't give a lick about family stuff......

So, ever since July 31, I've pretty much been doing non-stop family stuff. It's been great to see everyone, but man, do they have to all pick the same 2 weeks to pop in to Austin?! I guess it really has worked out well though because everyone got to see little Mia [my brother's 3 month old baby girl]. I've been staying at my mom's house since August 1, so I've been a little out of the loop with friends, the hash, helping out at Chon Som, etc. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, but I also need to finish scouting for my 1 year analversary trail, which is in 10 days! I've got one beer check and the ending planned and several ideas, but it's still a mystery right now. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend....

I won't bore you with all of the family stories, only a few. This one makes me laugh. Do you know what restaurant my brother misses the most ever since he moved away from Texas? We go to this same place EVERY single time he comes into town. The same drill. My mom picks him up from the airport, they come get me from work and we go directly to this place. Here is a pic of Mia at the restaurant. Can you guess it from the decor? His first stop is................

........Taco Cabana! Seriously. That is the first thing he wants to eat every trip. Too funny. I met them there for lunch the 2nd day of their trip too. And then he picked up TC on the 3rd day by himself. He is obsessed! In 9 days here in Austin, Texas, I know of at least 5 trips to Cabana...I bet there were more that I didn't know about while I was at work. Insane. He and Monique also hit up Whataburger, Shady Grove, Trudy's and Central Market. Sorry Hula Hut, we didn't make it over this time.

Mia's first swimming pool experience





One night we had my Aunt, Uncle, cousin and her family over for dinner at my Dad's house. My cousin's little girl was so excited to meet Mia...she couldn't wait to hold her. Super cute.

Here is Ellie with little Mia.



Me and my Bubba at my Dad's house

This past Monday, after Mia went to sleep for the night, my mom babysat and we went to the movies. Saw Miami Vice. My brother really liked it, Monique hated it and I thought it was ok. I will say this...I'm not a fan of long hair, but damn! Colin Farrell is hot. Maybe it's part his accent...no? My brother works in a nice hotel in Miami and has met him there. Says he is very nice and polite. Monique [my bro's wife] doesn't think he is all that. Then my brother said, "if you ever met him, you'd do him." Too funny! Guess all of those stories about Colin are true.

This morning was a sad day. Mike, Mo and Mia departed for Miami....super early, I might add. My mom, step-dad and I all woke up at 4am to see them off. My dad had the airport run duty, so I went back to bed at 4:30am. Took a while to fall back asleep. Had some strange dreams. I almost got up to blog! Anyway, slept through my watch alarm and somehow woke back up at 7:30am...was late to work. Oh well. It was worth it.

So who wants to take a trip to Miami?!

3 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

Mia is a cutie !

I'd go my Baby Cat is there, they are staying at the other Grandmas for the mnth ( miss her)

August 10, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

I'd love to go to Miami!! Left on a cruise out of there once...

August 11, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

good looking family.:)

August 11, 2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker