Tuesday, August 22, 2006

1 Year Trail Recap

It sure is a lot of work to hare a trail, but it's great when everything comes together. I think we laid an awesome trail...part in the woods, some pavement, some elevation, and a pool at the end for cooling off. Not too many folks got in though. Guess the A/C in the clubhouse was sufficient!

This trail was also my parent's first peek into my hasher life. We had the beer check in the backyard at my dad's house. I love it there. So peaceful and relaxing with the water feature and woods on two sides of them. Anyway, they were very interested to see what all this running for beer stuff was about and were happy to help out. My mom and step-dad and even one of my dad's neighbors stopped by to check out everything. Also, my Uncle was at my dad's house earlier Sunday morning when Lesley and I passed through while laying trail. He is a runner and bikes a lot, so he was intrigued. He ended up running trail later that day and really enjoyed himself...even after he had a bad fall off his bike earlier that morning.

While we were waiting for the pack to arrive at the beer check, TAF suggested he spray everyone down when they came in, so my dad set him up with a long hose with a shower type nozzle. I must say, it was a big hit. Thanks TAF! FRB into the beer check was BEAVER CLEAVER and DFL was RING AROUND THE PANTY. But, you must know that RING started trail almost an hour after the pack set off. My dad and step-mom said they'd watch out for him and would give him beer and water when he arrived and would send him off in the correct direction. And you know what? RING was not DFL at the end! Way to go Raf!

I believe JUST MICHAEL was the FRB at the On-In and WICKED ITCH OF THE YEAST was DFL. Somehow she got way off trail and circled around and around. She even went up the Beauford hill twice! That is not a fun hill.

The taco and queso bowls were scraped clean, so I guess they were a hit. I know I sure loved it! Oh yeah, and the spicy hummus and crackers that Carol gave me was devoured. For those who asked, she bought it at Costco. After clean-up and pack the car up time was over, I stopped by my parent's once more to drop off some stuff and then went home to shower. Crashed out at 10pm! It was definitely a long day, especially after partying at the Chon Som the night before. I'll be posting pics of both events later. For now, here are the stats of the trail.

Special thanks go BITCH, JAMES BITCH! and SMELLS LIKE TEEN FANNY for being wonderful co-hares, TAF for lugging around the shag bags and coolers and for being the shower guy at the beer check, PADRE for helping me transport the large crock pot of taco meat to the end and for helping clean up at the end, and C'EM CUMMIN for mopping! I can't belive I missed a picture of that. Hope I didn't miss anyone, but by that time I was pooped and just wanted to jump in bed.

Trail# 1232 (August 20, 2006)

Trail: 1232 1st Analversary for @ss Gagger & Bitch, James Bitch!
Hares: 3 @ss Gagger, Bitch, James Bitch!, Smells Like Teen Fanny
Start: 4:07pm Jester Village Parking Lot
View Check: #1 Deer in distress, dazzled to distraction by High Beam's headlights (according to TAF)
Water Check: #2 The highest point of Gables Grandview
Beer Check: #3 The abode of @ss Gagger's daddy
Water Check: #4 7003 Quill Leaf Drive
End: 6:28pm Lakewood Community Center (and swimming pool)
Miles: 5.5
Temp in Circle: 72°F In an air conditioned clubhouse yet!
Pack: 34
Visitors: 2 Doggie Style (San Antonio H3), Fuxedo (San Diego H3)
New Boots: 1 Just Kelly (@ss's Uncle)
Six Week Wankers: 2 Just Paul (w/Cherry) (13wks), Miss New Booty (6wks)
Trail Wankers: 7
Awards: 0
Namings: 0
Transplants: 0

Trail Map:


Trail Elevation:

11 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

heard it was a doozie:). Happy analversary.

August 22, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Sounds like a great time!

August 22, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Chlamydia said...

Looks like I missed another great trail :-( I'll be there for your 2nd Analversary trail though!!

On-On,
Chlamydia

August 22, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Sorry I missed it, but I had to work. Next year for sure!

August 22, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Sorry I missed it....circumstances BEYOND my control happened that day.
Hope it was great!

August 22, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Thanks! It was a fun time. I'm actually doing the hills again tonight for practice. :)

August 22, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

That trail was kick ass! I knew it would be hilly so I wasn’t going to miss it for anything. Your dad and step mom were very welcoming.

After trail, my legs felt like I'd been having sex for 2 hours.

Great trail!

August 22, 2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

Sarah, Gizmo and Daisy had alot of fun, we missed the beer check at your Mom and Dads

August 22, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

hey it was a great trail to auto-wank, wish I could have did it, but damn too drunk

August 22, 2006 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was definitely a kick ass trail. Good going hares! Kudos to whomever planned that puppy.

August 23, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Glad everyone liked the trail! I wanted it to be challenging since the very first trail I ever went on kicked my booty.

August 23, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker