Sunday, September 17, 2006

More and more birthdays

On Wednesday of my birthday week, I met up with my dad, step-mom, uncle and cousin for some good burgers at Phil's Icehouse. I don't know what kind of bread they use, but it is DEE-LISH! Then we went next door for some Amy's Ice Cream. Mmmmm, Mexican Vanilla with Butterfingers is my ice cream of choice at that place. Brings back memories from high school when we used to go to the movie theater in the Arboretum that is now a freakin' Cheesecake Factory. Anyway, after we would go see a show, we'd hit up Amy's. Ahh, the good ol' simple high school days.


One of my gifts from my Dad & Carol!


On Thursday the 14th, as I was driving home from the gym, I got a message from Gordon that Bridgett was celebrating her actual b-day that night up at Sam's Boat. So I took a quick shower and headed up to join the festivities. Wasn't planning on staying long because I wanted to eat dinner up at the Asians' place, but that didn't happen. It was one of those "One more bucket" nights. We closed out so many times...until it was 2am and we had to leave. Bridgett and I did score on free birthday shots. We even worked the system. Told the waitress to go to the other bars inside so we could keep using our ID to get another free shot. Ended up having 1 Jager and 2 tequila shots. Yum yum.

Shot #1


Shot #2


Shot #3




The Birthday Girls


Friday at work did suck on 4 1/2 hours of sleep though. But I wouldn't change a thing. It was good times, good times. :)

Friday night wouldn't get me bring me a lot of rest either. Met my best non-hasher friends up at Riata Bar & Grill for some b-day drinks and appetizers. At one point in my life I was roommates with all 3 of them. I don't see these girls all that much anymore because they all went and got married and one just had a kid. I'm the lone single girl of our little 4-some. It was really great catching up with my girls and just having a nice chill night.

Margaret, Kathy, Jen & Ellen


We decided we needed a change of scenery and something not so relaxing, so we headed off to bar #2...Little Woodrows North. We thought Kathy's brother would be up there since he pretty much lives there, but no such luck. We did run into our old friends Janelle and Eric though! Hadn't seen them in ages.


Finally my week of partying was wearing on me and we all decided to head home. I had a gym appointment with my mom on Saturday morning and I wasn't gonna bail!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Can we get a new post on this page? hello?

I'm bored!

September 20, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yeah, I know. I tried to work on a new post during lunch yesterday, but stupid blogger wasn't uploading my pics at work. :(

September 21, 2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

What is this diet you speak of?

I'll never give up my queso or Whataburger! I'm just trying to run more often...and longer distances, etc.

September 21, 2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

oh...ok, thought I read that you and your family were doing a diet thing.

I miss queso:(

September 21, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Oh yeah...that was a challenge that ended on 4th of July. My Aunt up in Dallas won that bet.

September 21, 2006 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker