Thursday, September 21, 2006

New shoes and Tom Kha, Tom Kha, Tom Kha!

So last Saturday morning I met my mom at her tennis club and we worked out together. Afterwards it was time to birthday shop for my new shoes! We first went to RunTex to get some new running shoes. A couple of people had recommended I try Saucony...and I'm so glad I did! They feel like I'm on a cloud compared to my old, bald Pumas. I ended up with these. I soooooo love them! Next we were off to REI to get some new trail shoes since mine were giving me blisters. My crazy trail running friend suggested this kind, and that's exactly what I ended up with. Man, does my mom rock or what?!?!

Next, it was time to take my mom to the Asians' restaurant. Oh my, tried the Tom Kha soup for the first time. Holy hell it is delicious! I ended up ordering it later on Saturday night as well...and again for dinner on Sunday......


My mom's first time to try out Nat, Marisa & Alisa's new restaurant.

Anyway, after lunch it was time to hook up my new bike rack and haul my new bike back to my place. Unfortunately, the allergy pill my mom gave me totally knocked me out.

When I got home, I zonked out on the couch for 2 hours and barely made it to Bridgett’s birthday dinner later that night. It took me a while to snap out of it, but finally I was back to my normal self. We ended up stealing Bridgett away from her party at one point and took her to the dive bar a couple stores down so we could all do shots. Our little shot group barged in to Raggedy Anne’s and ordered shots of tequila and some fru-fru shots for a couple of chicks. Next door to that bar is Roper’s…a country and western dance place. They let us in without paying the cover since we only wanted one shot. Another round of tequila and we were out. Had to get Bridgett back to the party where she had left her mom. Now things were kickin’. Soon after, we left the restaurant and headed over to Graffiti’s…it was Saturday night so they had karoke. We took over the bar and had a blast. Oh yeah…more shots. Closed the bar down. STRAP-ON ELVIS had some people headed towards his place, so we ventured over there. I don’t remember much after that because I think I made a beeline for the couch pretty soon after we arrived.

I woke up at 8am on the recliner and was ready to bolt because I wanted my own bed and I wanted a ham and cheese kolache from my favorite place! But when I got home that Sunday morning, I started up my laptop and started working on pictures, etc. Never went back to sleep. Next thing I know it’s 11am and time to get ready and head out to meet ELVIS at Plucker’s for lunch and football. Man, where did my morning go? Later that afternoon we hooked up with the hash. I forgot my camera, so no pics of that hash over on the East side. Afterwards, we skipped the On-On-On because we both wanted some Thai food. Headed up to the Asians’ restaurant and I ordered Tom Kha soup again! I just love that stuff. So in 2 days I had that soup 3 times. So get off your ass and go try it!

Since Blogger won't load pics for me today again, you have to click here to see Saturday night's festivities.

p.s. This should be the end of all the birthday week festivities, so I will jump back to the Colorado trip soon. I've got some gooooooood photos from that week!

10 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Hope you didn't get the GoreTex version of the Vasque.

September 21, 2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Why not? That's the only kind they had in my size. I haven't worn them yet though...just the Saucony.

September 21, 2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Because when you run through mud or water, the water can't drain out of the shoes! Not to worry though, they're great shoes for sitting around on the couch all day.

September 21, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I want to see a post about how awesome NBN is..... when can we expect that on your blog?

Poop.

September 21, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

Looks like fun, I was out and about but just not in the right place looks like !

September 21, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

See everyone should listen to me when I make food recommendations! Tom Kha is the best.

September 22, 2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yes, the Tom Kha totally rocks!!!

September 22, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Finally tried the Tom Kha last night...YUM. That is the best soup ever.

September 24, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Dang, got enough pictures of Elvis?

September 25, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

That's the part of the night when Fishy had my camera!

September 25, 2006 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker